Saturday, March 13, 2010

Rangers Prediction...Stars Woes!

Most of the people around Dallas and probably even most people outside of the city that I guess is a part of Texas would say that the Rangers are their baseball "team". Even though quite a few most likely have alternate "favorites" for which they are on the bandwagon. Like me...ever since Nomar Garciaparra was my favorite short stop back in the mid to late 90's I've been a huge Red Sox fan. I also fancy myself Irish enough to consider Boston as my go-to Irish-American settlement. So over the years I have become accustom to my Rangers being a laughing stock and the Yankees being the team that I hate most! So naturally I'm also on the Boston bandwagon for my hate of the evil empire. But this year (at least after St. Patty's Day) I feel confident enough to put away my Red Sox attire and pull my Rangers cap out of mothballs. I like the direction of the franchise, particularly the fact that Tom Hicks is no longer in control of their destiny. And I also like what I saw last year from their young pitching staff. I think that with their new ownership (and the new attitude that comes with that) along with young leaders like Micheal Young, Ian Kinsler, and Josh Hamilton this team can go a long way. They have a few young raw talents in Julio Borbon and last years (should have been) rookie of the year Elvis Andrus that are definitely going to help this team up the middle defensively. Josh Hamilton and Nolan Ryan? have already made predictions that this team will win 96 games and win the division! Most people in the media are touting the Mariners as a lock for the division title. But there are a few (me) that think (barring any major injuries) that the Rangers have a legit shot at not only winning the division but also...winning a playoff series. Yes thats right I said it. My uncharacteristic prediction of the year. We'll see how it goes.

 I would go into great length about the Stars right now but I can't. I'm too upset. So I'm gonna give you a link to something that will remind you of better days...enjoy! http://stars.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=520982&navid=DL|DAL|home

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dallas Sports World's Fan Box